Down 3 lbs! Take that, no motivation! If you remember, last week I was complaining about how I just can’t seem to get it together over the last month or so. Well, I got my mojo back, baby!
And what, pray tell, happened to me this week? Well, I have to be honest, I was already getting motivated again last Wednesday as I was writing my post even though I was bitching and moaning! But there were several things that occurred that got me back on track:
- I reached out to my peeps on twitter. Having instant access to my “virtual weight watchers meeting” when I need it is so helpful, and they are so supportive!
- I tracked all my food. Even when I had about a day and a half this weekend where I went out for two meals, had many drinks, and the rest of the time did not measure or make very good food choices, I made myself go back and estimate and track on Monday. I almost gave up tracking entirely for the rest of the week, but I’m glad I did it. I found out I didn’t do as bad as I thought! I might have just thought the week was totally shot and continued to make poor food choices if I hadn’t. No “I’ll start again next week” attitude for me!
- Even though I was “bad” for a day and a half, I still attempted to make “better bad” decisions. LOL Does that make sense? For instance, I normally would have had the 1/2 lb cheeseburger and fries dipped in ranch dressing, but instead I got a small plate of little BLT potato cakes. I mean, they weren’t screaming “healthy,” but I’m 100% positive I consumed way less calories than that burger and fries! So in essence, I was allowing myself to be “bad” but in a more controlled way than I had in my past.
- The weather was pretty tame most of the week, which allowed me to get outside and run again without hating every minute of it.
- I vowed not to drink any alcohol except on the weekend. I was so much better at doing that prior to the holidays. Ok really, I started out saying that I wasn’t going to drink at all the entire week. Then I realized that I was not going to go out with my friends (a.k.a. not have a life) because of it. That’s stupid! If I said it a million times, I will say it again… I know that Weight Watchers works for me because I still get to have a life and not be perfect all the time! Not to mention that sometime before the weekend, @suzistorm, @Brownie8727, @kyratx, @fraggle312 , @irisheyes1982 and I got into a convo about trying to drink only on the weekends, which quickly turned into “The Weekday Sober Train!” with the weekend being the #DrinkEnd! We’re all supposed to try to keep each other accountable to not drink during the week, except for special occasions, since it adds up to sooooo many points… and well, for our health too. Of course, it’s easy to come up with a special occasion, right!?! 😉 But I can say that I stuck to it this week!
- I got the ActiveLink! Ok, so I have been in the evaluation phase all this week, so I can’t tell you how I like it or how it’s motivating me with its challenges, but just knowing that it is going to be monitoring me and pushing me to earn activity points starting tomorrow is already motivation enough!
- After waiting over 6 months to get ChiRunning on hold at the library and then forgetting to pick it up, I bit the bullet and bought a used copy. It was like $8 with shipping. I just needed to get over my cheapness! Not to mention, I am a slow reader and I never seem to find the time to read, so there was no way that I would have read the whole thing in three weeks anyway! I’ve heard good things about this method, and I am struggling with “loving” running (something I might get into some other time), not to mention, I am injury-prone, so just having the book with no pressure to read it in a certain amount of time is making me happy! I actually read the introduction last night… I’ll probably finish it next year, so don’t get too excited to hear about it any time soon. LOL
So now that I am back within 2 lbs of goal, the challenge is to stay within 2 lbs for the next 6 weeks. That technically gets you “Lifetime Membership” in Weight Watchers. I say technically because it only applies if you are a meetings member, and I am just a lowly online subscriber, so I am trying to make myself a virtual lifetime member for my own sake!
Hopefully you all had some successes this week too! I’d love to hear about them!
Weight: 126.2 lbs
Change this week: -3.0 lbs
Total lost: -74.9 lbs
You can also check out my entire weight log here 😉
This post is linked up on: